Do you want to access software that will help you create professional-level music with the help of powerful features and presets?
The advent of audio editing software has changed almost every industry associated with voiceovers, music etc, and perhaps the biggest testament to this is the audio workstation GarageBand. This software is a free and flexible tool that can transform raw audio into a premium melody in just a couple of clicks. GarageBand is that foundation that can upgrade your simple Windows PC to a real virtual studio.
With GarageBand, you can experiment with different audio clips by merging, fine-tuning, editing, clipping, and morphing them to create something new. This software includes instruments like drums, synthesizers, trumpets, and more. GarageBand is surprisingly beginner-friendly and is a software preferred as much by podcasters and social media creators as by musicians, speakers, actors, etc. GarageBand for Windows is difficult to find – but in every GarageBand model, payment is only required for certain plugins, which are completely optional.
Whether you are a student looking forward to learning sound production or a professional looking for a feasible alternative – GarageBand is the answer. Even if you are a Windows user, there is nothing to worry about! Here is the only guide you will ever need on how to download GarageBand for Windows.
|Name||GarageBand For Windows|
|RAM||4 GB or Above|
|Minimum Disk Space||2 GB|
|Bug Test||Passed (No issues detected)|
How To Download Garageband on a Windows PC? (All 3 Popular Methods)
GarageBand software has been developed for iPhone, iPad and Mac devices. Downloading GarageBand for Windows is a roundabout process since the official software is incompatible with this operating system. There are three major ways through which you can download GarageBand for Windows at present.
Method 1: Download Garageband For PC Using Virtual macOS
To download GarageBand for PC using a virtual macOS, it’s important to consider your processor type, whether Intel-based or AMD-based. Here are the steps for each:
For Intel-Based Processors:
If you have an Intel processor, using the VMware method is recommended. Here’s what you can do:
- Choose the VMware method as your preferred option.
- Follow the appropriate instructions and steps provided in the previous response to set up and install macOS on VMware.
For AMD-Based Processors:
Before we proceed, let us tell you not all AMD processors support AMD virtualization. It is essential to run a compatibility test before proceeding. Here is a detailed guide:
- Visit the official website of AMD and download the AMD-V compatibility checker.
- Once the download is complete, extract the compressed folder using WinRAR or a similar program.
- Open the folder and run the “AMD Hyper-V” file as an administrator.
- Access your computer’s BIOS settings and enable virtualization. Note that some older AMD processors may not support AMD-V.
- Remember that an Android emulator might work on an AMD-based system but may not function properly for running GarageBand.
By following these steps, you can determine if your AMD processor supports virtualization and proceed accordingly to install GarageBand on your PC using a virtual macOS.
How to Install macOS Sierra VMware on Windows 10?
To install macOS Sierra on VMware in Windows 10 and use GarageBand, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the VMware website and download VMware Workstation 16 Pro, which is the visualization software you will need. Also, download the VMware unlocker program specifically designed for macOS Sierra.
Optionally, you can download the macOS Sierra 10.12.6 ISO or the latest version as well.
Step 2: Run the downloaded VMware Workstation Pro/Player setup file and follow the installation prompts, leaving all the options as default.
Step 3: Close the VMware Workstation application if it is open. Run the win-install.cmd file from the downloaded VMware unlocker program and choose the “Run As Administrator” option.
This will essentially patch VMware with the necessary files for macOS compatibility.
Step 4: Launch the VMware program and select the “Create a New Virtual Machine” option.
Step 5: Choose the “Apple Mac OS X” option and select the macOS version you want to install. Give a name for your virtual machine and select the desired disk capacity (minimum 50 GB).
Step 6: Increase the memory allocation from 2 GB to 4 GB or more if needed for improved performance.
Step 7: In the Processor menu, increase the CPU cores to 4 or more for improved performance.
Step 8: Select the “New CD/DVD (SATA)” option from the menu and attach the macOS Sierra ISO image file you downloaded.
Final Step: Click “Finish” in the new virtual machine wizard to complete the setup.
These steps will allow you to install macOS Sierra on VMware in Windows 10.
First macOS Sierra Boot
To boot macOS Sierra on VMware Workstation 10 and install GarageBand on the virtual machine, you can follow these steps:
- Launch VMware Workstation 10 and select “Play Virtual Machine” to start the virtual machine.
- Complete the basic setup by choosing the time zone, date zone, and location within the virtual machine. You do not need an Apple ID for this setup. The macOS Sierra will begin the setup process, which usually takes around one to ten minutes to complete. Once the setup is finished, you will see the macOS Sierra 10.12.6 interface.
Now, you can proceed to download and install GarageBand on the virtual machine. Although the process may seem a bit tricky, do not worry, as it works effectively.
Method 2: Download GarageBand on Windows Using the iPadian Emulator
To download GarageBand on Windows using the iPadian emulator, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the official website of iPadian, a well-known iOS emulator:https://ipadian.net/. Download the emulator from the website.
2. Once the installation procedure is completed, launch the iPadian emulator and sign in using your Gmail account.
3. Open the emulator application on your system and navigate to the app store section within the iPadian emulator.
4. In the search bar of the app store section, type “GarageBand” to find the GarageBand app.
5. Once you locate the GarageBand app, click on the “Download” button to initiate the installation process. The app will start downloading and installing within a few seconds.
6. After the installation is finished, you can run the GarageBand app on your Windows computer through the iPadian emulator.
Method 3: Download GarageBand on Windows Using BlueStacks
- Visit the official website of BlueStacks, which is a popular and free Android Emulator: www.bluestacks.com. You can download the emulator from here.
- After the installation procedure is completed, launch BlueStacks and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Once you have logged in, open the Emulator application on your PC, and you will see a search bar within the emulator.
- In the search bar, type “GarageBand” to find the GarageBand app within the BlueStacks emulator.
- Once you find the GarageBand app, click on it to open its page, and then click on the “Install” button.
- BlueStacks will automatically download and install the GarageBand application within the emulator.
- Once the installation is completed, you can run GarageBand by clicking on its icon within the BlueStacks emulator.
Core Features of Garageband
Let’s look at the comprehensive explanation of some major features.
1. Record Multiple Tracks
One of the most prominent features of Garageband is recording multiple audio tracks at a time. Many apps available on the IOS store give similar features, but here we found Garageband better than others in the crowd while reviewing the multiple tracks feature. Most apps that record various instruments in a single track result in muddy and unbalanced audio, but Garageband becomes flexible as it records multiple devices in individual tracks.
Thus, you’ll better match the right equipment with the right instrument, and your ability to produce audio will increase naturally.
2. Ability to make music with and without an instrument
You’ll need to plug your mic or guitar in and choose your favorite from the ocean of different realistic effects. You are also open to experimenting with extremely human-sounding drum sounds. Just plug your mic or guitar in and sing to your heart.
3. The session drummer
Garageband gives you access to the drummer feature, which is a virtual session player. The drummer uses top-notch session drummers and recording engineers in the industry. Not only for beginners, but this session drummer feature is also helpful for a guitarist who doesn’t play the drums or a band without a drummer. In Garageband, you can control every aspect, from the groove to the visual controls of the drummer. To play the drums, you need to touch them with two fingers while the distance between the fingers slows down or speeds up the frequency of the beats.
Sampler plays a vital role in the Software for creating your audio projects. The Sampler is a very unusual instrument. Its essence is as follows – you record sound using a microphone and then play them back on the keyboard. You must click the big red “start” button to start recording. Once the audio has been recorded, the recording can be cut, looped, or tweaked by changing the volume.
With GarageBand for Windows PC, you can quickly unleash your creativity to fine-tune it and develop the final song. A few more features you get as to with the help of Garageband for Windows are given below:
- Power Guitar
- Analog Synths
- Urban Drums
- Orchestral Ensemble and Cinematic Synths
- String Ensemble
- Drum Engine (MPC style pads)
- Rock Drums
- Bass Machine
- Concert Guitar
Why should you choose Garageband for a Windows 10 PC?
For the people who love music but don’t have the time and money to record it in a fancy studio, GarageBand helps a lot. It is a fantastic platform to do all the music-related stuff on your MAC without worrying about having to pay a hell ton of money. It’s not only about the recording; the editing features are just as important.
The proper editing on a music track can turn it into something you could have never imagined. Making music without spending money is a challenging task because you’ll also need a range of different instruments. But guess what? Garageband comes with many other editing options where you can add any instrumental music to your song.
Garageband windows allow you to have professional quality music, even though all the work has been done on a MAC. Now that we have looked into a few reasons why you should choose Garageband on Windows PC, let’s take a look at the different ways of downloading Garageband for PC.
- Garageband has been hailed as the iconic musical instrument for all PC users.
- The program is a complete package for professional studios and all music lovers.
- It comprises over 100 software instruments.
- Having more than 1000 tracks.
- It comes with an excellent level of sound capture and editing.
- Garageband is the perfect app for all beginners to play the instrument in a virtual environment.
- Friendly interface, simplicity, and high speed of work
We didn’t find any cons; the Software is declared fully functional.
Garageband Alternatives for Windows PC
Garageband is a top-notch music app, but here’s the catch, it is only available for iOS. As iOS devices are not a piece of cake to purchase for many people, let’s look at the 5 Garageband alternatives for Windows that work just as well.
1. MPC Beats by Akai
AKAI MPC Beats is an excellent DAW offering a wide range of features like AU and VST support, multi-track recording, etc. If you are already using a fully licensed version of any DAW, you can use AKAI MPC as a plugin to take advantage of the different features. As a free DAW, the number of features and the ability to control groves and make beats is lovely. As mentioned earlier, you can use this as a stand-alone DAW or a plugin for other Software.
- Load Third-Party VST Plugins
- Sample Editing
- Virtual Mixer
Overall, it is a pretty good app with everything you’ll need to create great music. In our opinion, using it as a plugin is the best part.
2. Magix Music Maker
The concept of free DAW was started by a company named Magix. The MusicMaker bundle we are talking about now results from this concept. It was released in 1994 when free DAW was genuinely a big thing. Magix Music Maker is a free platform where you can create and edit wonderful music. It is a bundle of everything you could ask for in a DAW as a beginner.
- Sound pool
- Sound import
- Unlimited Audio Tracks
- VST Virtual instruments
The end is the first free DAW, and as competition grew, MusicMaker has gone throw many levels of improvement to provide excellent services.
This is among the plenty of companies that try to make the creation of music accessible for all. It is not free Software, but in comparison with other paid music software, Reaper is amazing. While most other music software costs hundreds of dollars, Reaper offers excellent services at a fraction of the price.
- Embedded FX plugins
- 64-bit Internal Audio Processing
In conclusion, Reaper is fantastic software you can get. But, compared to others on the list, you should have some advanced skills in using Software properly.
4. OHM Studio
OHM studio is an underrated DAW; it provides peer-to-peer linking so that a group of people can work on the same project together in real-time. In current times, OHM studio is an excellent way to work remotely while taking each other’s suggestions and working together in real-time. Apps like Skype and Zoom have been handy these days, but they don’t allow collaboration with sound sources, but OHM Studio does.
- Unlimited Tracks
- Full Audio Routing
- VST Support
Overall, it is the perfect alternative for Garageband and is excellent for the present time.
Compared to other options, LMMS has a slight twist from the average. It is an open-source and cross-platform music suite that combines all the solutions to all your needs. It is the best alternative to Garageband. LMMS is fast, powerful, and will be up and running before you notice it. All of the features are available free of cost.
- Track Automation support
- Separate editor for instruments
- MIDI Editor
- Bundled free plugins to use
For an open-source music production suite, LMMS does an outstanding job. It is rich with features, and the work is done perfectly.
Ans. Yes, is available for free with limited features. $4.99 in-app purchase is available to access all the features.
Ans. Yes, Garageband doesn’t support Mp3, Wave, AAC, and AIFF File formats. You can convert through external Software to formats.
Ans. Your system should at least Windows 7 or higher. We recommend Windows 10.
You should have minimum of 4 GB RAM. We would recommend to 8 GB. You should have minimum Intel i5 processor or Ryzen 7, and higher would be great.
Ans. You can revert your sound files by turning off any effects or modifying those effects as you desire.
Ans. You can add or edit the audiotrack of movie in Garageband program but can’t edit videos.